BLUETOOTH BEACONS are hardware transmitters - a class of Bluetooth low energy (LE) devices that broadcast their identifier to nearby portable electronic devices. The technology enables smartphones, tablets and other devices to perform actions when in close proximity to a beacon.
The BLUETOOTH FRAMEWORK supports Bluetooth LE Beacons monitoring only on Windows 10 platform with Microsoft Bluetooth drivers.
- Monitoring Beacons Advertising
- Reading Raw Advertisement frames
- Reading Raw Manufacturer specific Advertisement frames
- Measuring current RSSI
- iBeacon (Proximity Beacon) support
- Eddystone UID Beacon support
- Eddystone URL Beacon support
- Eddystone TLM (Telemetry) Beacon support
The BLUEOTOTH FRAMEOWRK package includes the Beacon sample application that shows how to monitor Bluetooth LE Beacons, retrive Advertised information and calculate distance using RSSI.