BLUETOOTH BEACONS are hardware transmitters - a class of Bluetooth low energy (LE) devices that broadcast their identifier to nearby portable electronic devices. The technology enables smartphones, tablets and other devices to perform actions when in close proximity to a beacon.
The BLUETOOTH FRAMEWORK supports Bluetooth LE Beacons features only on Windows 10 platform with Microsoft Bluetooth drivers.
- Monitoring Beacons Advertising
- Reading Raw Advertisement frames
- Reading Raw Manufacturer specific Advertisement frames
- Measuring current RSSI
- Monitoring iBeacon (Proximity Beacon)
- Capturing Eddystone UID Beacon frames
- Capturing Eddystone URL Beacon frames
- Capturing Eddystone TLM (Telemetry) Beacon frames
- Advertising as iBeacon (Proximity Beacon)
- Advertising as Eddystone UID Beacon
The BLUEOTOTH FRAMEOWRK package includes the Beacon sample application that shows how to monitor Bluetooth LE Beacons, retrive Advertised information, calculate distance using RSSI and how to turn your PC into Bluetooth LE Proximity Beacon (iBeacon).